Ready, Jet-Set, Go: How to get free Global Data Roaming for your next trip
Kiss public Wi-Fi goodbye and skip the search for a local SIM card. On your next overseas trip, get instant access to data as soon as you land with Flexiroam Global Data Roaming.
With Flexiroam, you’ll have access to their global network of over 580 telcos in more than 150 countries (hello speedy internet), and it has lifetime usage so you can use your Flexiroam account for all your future travels.
Here’s how to use your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard® credit card to set up your Flexiroam Global Data Roaming, so you can surf the web no matter where you are.
There’s a bundle of goodies that come with signing up to Flexiroam using your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard credit card:
- A Promotional Data Plan that gives you 3GB free data for 15 days, per eligible card, every calendar year
- 15% discount on additional data plans when you pay with your eligible Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard credit card
- 3SIM options to choose from
Before You Leave
Ready to lock in Flexiroam Global Data Roaming? Hold your horses. You’ll need to complete a few small steps in the weeks leading up to your overseas jaunt.
Step 1: Download Flexiroam app
First, register an account or log in using your mobile number or email address. To redeem your free Global Data Roaming, click on the ‘Check Eligibility’ banner in the app’s homepage and enter your eligible card number.
Step 2: Select your Starter Pack
If you’re a brand new Flexiroam user, you’ll have a choice of three SIM options (AKA Flexiroam Starter Packs). Each one has a slightly different delivery method and time, so it pays to know what to expect when you’re expecting (a SIM card).
- eSIM is delivered as a QR code and will reach your email address within 1 hour.
- SIM card will be sent by post (with free shipping) and will arrive within 3–7 working days.
- X-Microchip will also arrive within 3–7 working days. Shipping is on us.
If you need a hand setting up your new SIM, take a look at the Flexiroam tutorial.
If you’ve already linked your account to an active Starter Pack, you can use your existing Flexiroam SIM.
Step 3: Activate your data plan
Once you have linked your account to the Starter Pack, you’ll need to activate the Promotional Data Plan using the Flexiroam app. Here’s how.
- Tap ‘Account’
- Select ‘My Plans’
- Locate Promotional Data Plan
- Tap ‘Start Plan’
The Promotional Data Plan commences from the date you tap ‘Start Plan’, so make sure you only start the plan when you are ready to use it.
That’s it! Once you activate your Promotional Data Plan, it will be allocated to your Flexiroam account. It won’t cost you a cent, so you can spend your money on more important things – like a holiday!
While You’re Away
Lounging on a beach in Barcelona? Sipping a coffee and munching on a croissant in Paris? Zooming around on a Vespa in Milan? Flexiroam Global Data Roaming is there with you.
If you like to be extra prepared, you can get a full rundown of the countries that have coverage by scrolling to the bottom of the Flexiroam website.
One thing to note: coverage only works outside the home country where the eligible Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard credit card is issued. So if you picked up your card in Australia, you won’t be able to use it on your road trip to the Top End. Think of it as another reason to whip out your passport and get travelling.
Global Data Roaming facts
The top Flexiroam Global Data Roaming facts you need to know.
- Redeeming a Starter Pack is free – just like all the best things in life.
- If a Starter Pack is not linked within 6 months, it will expire. If your Starter Pack has expired, you'll need to request a new one.
- Promotional Data Plans need to be redeemed by 31 December and you can only redeem one per calendar year. All the more reason to book that trip!
- Did you know you can use Flexiroam without removing your Australian SIM card? Simply select the eSIM option and you can travel the world with free Global Data Roaming.
- Run out of data? You can share your data with another Flexiroam account user using FlexiShare and vice versa! Want to purchase additional data? The plans will be priced differently, but you’ll still get a friendly 15% discount if you pay with your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard credit card. Handy!
Wherever you’re going, a Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard credit card and Flexiroam Global Data Roaming are the handiest travel companions to have in your pocket. Still have questions? Head over to the Global Data Roaming section in the 28° FAQ page.