Shopper's Protection for existing Policy holders
Existing policy holders can find product information below. Note, we are not currently issuing new policies.
Shopper's Protection insurance^ gives you the security that you could meet your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard monthly repayments if you were unable to work due to illness or injury, or involuntary unemployment.
We also provide cover against loss or damage for the things you buy, even against certain price reductions. Here’s how this part of the cover works:
- Price Protection: Don't miss out on a sale. If you buy an item in Australia with your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard and within 12 months the item is available at a lower price in the same retailer or any other Australian retailer, we’ll pay the difference between the purchase price and the lower price to your account, up to $1,000 per item.* So the more you claim the more you can save.
- Merchandise Protection covers the things you buy anywhere in the world with your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard. This means if your item is lost, stolen or damaged within 12 months of its purchase, we'll pay the cost of repair or replacement to your account, up to $2,000 per item.*
- Stolen Card: If your Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard is reported stolen, we'll pay $200 to your account - just for the inconvenience.*
- Life benefit: If you die, we'll pay the balance owing at the date of your death, up to $20,000.
- Repayment Benefit: We will pay 10% of your balance owing each month if you lose your job unexpectedly or have to stop work due to sickness or injury*. Payments will continue until you return to work, reach the maximum benefit period or we have paid the balance owing.
Need to see if you have insurance on your account? Just check your monthly credit card statement or call us on 1800 800 230 if you are unsure.
*There are other terms and exclusions. For full details simply click on the PDS.
Latitude 28° Global Platinum Mastercard takes the worry out of travelling for you. With our award winning 5 star travel insurance partner, getting insured has never been simpler and is also great value for money.
When travelling overseas, we’ve got the travel insurance cover to suit your needs. We cover your overseas medical and dental expenses, lost or stolen luggage, travel delays and more.
Plus, with our 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance hotline, help is only ever a phone call away should you experience any difficulties on your trip.
SOUTHERN CROSS TRAVEL INSURANCE
Our travel insurance partner, Southern Cross Travel Insurance, has won the Canstar award for outstanding value for International Travel Insurance each year since 2009. They have also won the 2014 and 2015 Mozo Experts Choice award along with the Mozo People’s Choice award for 2015.Get a Quote
Make a claim
Making a claim for Shopper’s Protection is straight forward. Depending on the nature of the claim, you can complete a claim online, download and send in a claim form, or call us on 1800 800 230 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm (AEST).Make a claim
1 Free Global Wi−Fi through Boingo at over 1 million hotspots worldwide. Terms & conditions apply
2 To take advantage of up to 55 days Interest Free on everyday credit card purchases, you need to pay the full closing balance on each statement of account by the applicable due date.
^ Shopper's Protection is issued by Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 82 008 477 647 AFSL 243478 and Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd. ABN 87 008 446 884 AFSL 243469.
Hallmark General and Hallmark Life are part of the Latitude group. Hallmark General is a subscriber to the General Insurance Code of Practice. Click here to access a copy of the Code. Hallmark Life is a subscriber to the Life Insurance Code of Practice. Click here to access a copy of the Code. Any advice on this website is general advice and may not be right for you. It does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You can find more information about your Shopper's Protection in the combined Financial Services Guide, Product Disclosure Statement and Policy.
TravelCare is issued by Southern Cross Benefits Limited ABN 99 133 401 939, AFS License 331058 trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance®.
Approved applicants only. Conditions apply.